[asterisk-dev] MP3Player 16kHz

Jörn Krebs jk at smartbyte.de
Wed May 11 01:43:40 CDT 2011

Hi guys,

anyone of you ever worked on development changing the MP3 Player Rate from
8000 to 16000?

I have no clue of C programming, but I just went into the app_mp3.c code,
changed all values of AST_FORMAT_LINEAR to AST_FORMAT_LINEAR16 and all 8000
entries to 16000,
compiled it, tested it, and it worked like a charm,

BUT: I have no clue of C code, or how development works, so I am asking you,
can please some developer do me a favour and change that in the asterisk 1.8
branch, to have it in the main branch?

I think Asterisk now handles the sln16 format perfectly, so if someone calls
with e.g. g.711 asterisk will convert that stream into the apropriate
format.

And now it's time to change the default of using a rate of 8000 for
everything and use 16000 instead.

O.K. Again now: Can please a real developer have a look at the code and do
the change.
It is very very easy fix, and it would mean a lot....

Thanks, Joern.