[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Add getnameinfo() to ast_sockaddr_resolve ()

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Thu May 5 11:25:04 CDT 2011

On Wednesday 04 May 2011 08:12:50 Simon Perreault wrote:
> I don't think it is useful to disambiguate between an IP address and a
> host name.

If you don't, then this entire thread is moot.  We have to be able to
disambiguate between those two, because some peer names can be
confused with IP addresses (in a nonstandard format), but host names
should be distinct from IP addresses.  Consider that "1" should be
evaluated first as a possible peer name, secondly as a hostname, and only
finally as an IP address (because this third possibility will always return
a positive result).

--
Tilghman