[asterisk-dev] CEL backend locking Asterisk event processing

Kirill Katsnelson kkm at adaptiveai.com
Wed Mar 30 21:30:11 CDT 2011

Here's what I am seeing. A CEL backend (MS SQL server) was taking long
time to insert records because of some problem not really important
here. What's important was that it could not cope up with the stream of
CEL events.

At that time, I have seen many calls that went out of bridge, but still
sitting in channel Up state. For some of these it took 1.5 HOURS to
complete, about as long as the backlog of CEL events was. As if a long
CEL queue was locking up the core_event_dispatcher task processor.

Is that an explanation? What can/should be done about that? Should CEL
get its own taskprocessor, separate from  core_event_dispatcher? There
would be an issue with too many event piling up, but that can be dealt
with using thresholds on the size of the CEL event queue.

Am I making any sense?

  -kkm