[asterisk-dev] Possible leak in chan_sip of outboundproxy object

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:39:57 CDT 2011

Hi,

I cannot find how this is cleared up, but there is a good chance I am mistaken.

If sip.conf initially contains:
   outboundproxy=proxy.domain.com
and then this line is removed and sip.conf reloaded, I believe that
the outboundproxy object may be leaked.

The symptom of this is that chan_sip behaves as if
outboundproxy=0.0.0.0:5060 has been set, and instantly detects a loop
if a call is sent to that peer.

This is in 1.6.2.17 - I guess it needs clearing up in either
build_peer() or set_peer_defaults() but wanted some confirmation
before looking at doing that.

Thanks,
Steve