[asterisk-dev] Introducing the new ConfBridge

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Mar 8 17:54:47 CST 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 21:33 +0000, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> In article <1561053615.95365.1298491443721.JavaMail.root at zimbra>,
> David Vossel <dvossel at digium.com> wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > Over the next couple of weeks I will be working on a new feature set for ConfBridge.
>
> I've been watching the commits with great interest.

Cool.  :-)

> I'm assuming that it will only be getting added to Trunk, which I think means it
> could potentially be up to a year before it is part of a LTS release (1.12? 2.0?).
> Is that correct?

That is correct.  It will be available in Asterisk 1.10 in Q4 of this
year.  The next LTS (based on our current long term release plans) would
be Asterisk 1.14 in Q4 of 2013.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions

> If so, how easy or difficult would it be for someone to port to 1.8?
> Has Trunk diverged a lot in architecture from 1.8, or is it still pretty similar?

Trunk has diverged _SIGNIFICANTLY_ from Asterisk 1.8 in some very
fundamental ways.  In my opinion, it would be much more effort and you
would take on much more risk trying to backport any code that deals with
media from trunk to 1.8 than to just use Asterisk 1.10.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.   |   Engineering Manager, Open Source Software