[asterisk-dev] Realtime Failover - Multiple DSNs

Stuart Elvish stuart.elvish at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 04:26:50 CDT 2011

Hi All,

This was originally posted on the asterisk-users list but I didn't
receive any responses. Here's hoping that someone on the dev list can
point me in the right direction.

I currently have 3 servers setup to provide a small MySQL cluster. I
can easily run custom database queries via func_odbc and res_odbc with
failover DSN's (up to five) but I can't seem to add any failover DSN's
into the realtime configuration file (extconfig.conf). Has anyone been
able to configure either the standard ODBC driver or Asterisk to use a
failover DSN for realtime system configuration?

Currently my extconfig.conf has a setup something similar to this:
sippeers => odbc,mysql-asterisk,sipendpoints but being

Currently we use a floating IP between the MySQL data nodes (as we
query each directly) but Asterisk, MySQL or ODBC (I am not sure which)
has problems when one of the nodes goes offline and Asterisk stops
being able to query the database successfully. I see Asterisk passing
queries to the MySQL server (shows up in the logs) but the queries
aren't successful (they aren't updating the SIP registration
information) and Asterisk is throwing up errors on the CLI. Being able
to define multiple DSN's I presume would fix this problem.

Kind Regards
Stuart Elvish