[asterisk-dev] Berkeley DB vs SQLite

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 09:14:02 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:59 AM, Olle E Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
> The berkeley DB was not an external dependency, now we're adding a new external non-optional dependency for a critical function in our core. Should that be considered?
>
> What's the license for Sqlite? Can we import the code?
>
> /O

Olle, I think you have some great points.  The first two lines of the
reviewboard is "There have been a couple of bugs reported lately
against the Berkeley DB version that Asterisk uses for its internal
database. These bugs have been tracked to the actual Berkeley code
Asterisk uses, which is very very old and unmaintained." which makes
me think that this is much more of a fix of a problem than a feature
add.  Including the SQLite3 should be licensed like the Berkeley DB
that is included in Asterisk.

Thats what I see.

--
~~~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com ~~~