[asterisk-dev] Fwd: Asterisk Sip Registration Hooks

Mike Myhre digium at aeisecure.com
Fri Jul 29 17:06:45 CDT 2011

> Where does it say on the Digium website that 1.6 is the 'current
> stable' version? If it says that anywhere, we need to get it fixed,
> for a few reasons: we never use the 'stable version' terminology
> because it's misleading, and '1.6' is not a complete version number
> (1.6.0, 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 were all 1.6.x release branches).
Here: http://www.asterisk.org/start
it says:
  Current Version: Asterisk 1.6.2
  (which I assumed implied 'stable' since I know there are other current
versions). I was being lax in not specifying the full version notation.

> Yes, the intent of CEL was to address the sorts of situations you are
> referring to here, where the call was more complex that just "party A
> calls party B".

Do you know if doing a redirect with AMI stops a CDR from being
generated in 1.8.5?

Thanks!