[asterisk-dev] $1000 reward for patch to cure call pickup crashes

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Thu Jul 28 18:34:22 CDT 2011

> Does anyone know any debugging that could be added to Asterisk for
> the next time this happens?

You might want to run top(1), hit H to show each thread on its own
line, and check whether any asterisk thread are in D state.

Also, attaching gdb might help (is the box fast enough to run an
asterisk compiled with <-O0 -ggdb3> given their load?), as might
lsof(8) output for the box.

Also, check dmesg(1) output and/or the kernel logs from syslog
to see whether the kernel complained about anything.

A thread stuck in kernel mode, or some sort of deadlock in either
the kernel or asterisk seems most likely.

(I didn't read the whole thread; hope I'm not repeating anything
you've already tried.)

-JimC