[asterisk-dev] $200 reward for pickup patch for 1.8.4.4

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Mon Jul 11 03:36:57 CDT 2011

Alec,

You're the first to reply to this. The problem is occasional Asterisk
crashes when a FastAGI daemon does:

EXEC
Dial(Local/<phone1>@enswitch-pickup&Local/<phone2>@enswitch-pickup&Local/<phone3>@enswitch-pickup&...)

In some cases, customers have 20 or more pickup destinations configured
at once. We then have:

[enswitch-pickup]
exten => _[0-9*#]!, 1, PickupChan(Local/${EXTEN}@enswitch-phone)

[enswitch-phone]
exten => _[0-9*#]!, 1, GotoIf($[ "${ENSWITCH-MUSIC}" = "" ]?3)
exten => _[0-9*#]!, 2, SetMusicOnHold(${ENSWITCH-MUSIC})
exten => _[0-9*#]!, 3,
Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@${ENSWITCH-PHONE-DOMAIN},3600,${ENSWITCH-PHONE-OPTS})

In older version of the code, I seem to remember trying simpler schemes
(such as having the FastAGI do Pickup() on enswitch-phone directly) that
didn't work. I don't remember the details as it was a long time ago -
perhaps some Asterisk bug prevented it?

In addition, you should know that:

1. Sometimes there are many phones (up to 20) ringing at once due to
large hunt groups.

2. This is on a large multi-tenant hosted PBX system, with hundreds of
calls going at once.

Debugging this is not for the faint-hearted!

Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111
+44 20 799 39 799
http://integrics.com/