[asterisk-dev] How to Change The Caller Position in Queue

shayne.alone at gmail.com shayne.alone at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 12:48:39 CST 2011

Dear Kevin;
I know that, but I am looking for another solution.
Want to Manage the Calls which are in Waiting State (inside the Queue).
I don't know if it's possible or not! but want to find a way (for example
via AMI) to reorder and/or do some changes on Queues.
for example, pick a Caller From Queue-A(Waiting on position 3) and put it on
Queue-B(Waiting on Position 5).

:^)

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com>wrote:

> On 01/29/2011 07:11 AM, shayne.alone at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Dear Mr/Ms;
>>
>> web have some Queues and our Call Center and put caller in Queue Based
>> on some regional decisions.
>> by the way, after the Caller placed on Queues, we like to be able to
>> reorder them on our rules.
>>
>> as an example:
>> there is a queue which have 10 caller in waiting stage right now, one
>> with the no:7 is VIP!
>> so we need to change her place to no:2.
>>
>> what is the best way to do such a things, or alike...
>>

> The Queue application already lets you place callers into the queue ahead
> of other callers, so if you know the priority of a caller before you add
> them (not after), you can set the QUEUE_PRIO channel variable before calling
> the Queue application, and the caller will be placed into the queue ahead of
> all existing callers with a lower priority (but just behind existing callers
> with higher or equal priority).
>
> --
> Kevin P. Fleming
> Digium, Inc. | Director of Software Technologies
> skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com
> Check us out at www.digium.com & www.asterisk.org
>
> --

Regards,