[asterisk-dev] How to Change The Caller Position in Queue

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Jan 30 09:39:27 CST 2011

On 01/29/2011 07:11 AM, shayne.alone at gmail.com wrote:
> Dear Mr/Ms;
>
> web have some Queues and our Call Center and put caller in Queue Based
> on some regional decisions.
> by the way, after the Caller placed on Queues, we like to be able to
> reorder them on our rules.
>
> as an example:
> there is a queue which have 10 caller in waiting stage right now, one
> with the no:7 is VIP!
> so we need to change her place to no:2.
>
> what is the best way to do such a things, or alike...

The Queue application already lets you place callers into the queue
ahead of other callers, so if you know the priority of a caller before
you add them (not after), you can set the QUEUE_PRIO channel variable
before calling the Queue application, and the caller will be placed into
the queue ahead of all existing callers with a lower priority (but just
behind existing callers with higher or equal priority).

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com