[asterisk-dev] Setting up a development environment for Asterisk

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jan 11 08:03:52 CST 2011

On 01/11/2011 07:55 AM, Nick Khamis wrote:

> Thank you for your response, vim, emacs... That kind of stuff puts hair
> on your
> chest ;). I checked out the code using subclipse, maybe I will try to
> strip it down
> to the core classes, compile and run it within eclipse, and then keep
> appending
> code, basically building an eclipse project. Any help would be
> appreciated. Are
> there any documentation architectural/package/class diagrams etc.., I know
> it's a large project, and I have had to do this many time before.

Asterisk is primarily written in C, so there aren't any 'core classes'
in the sense that an IDE would understand. There are some conceptual
diagrams of how modules work together and how channel drivers work, but
there is not a great deal of architectural documentation, unfortunately.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com