[asterisk-dev] IAX hardphone

Bill Shaw b.shaw at comcast.net
Fri Feb 11 13:14:01 CST 2011

On 2/10/2011 7:48 PM, Mihai Balea wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2011, at 3:06 PM, Bill Shaw wrote:
>
>> OK.  First,  my setup...
>>
>> 192.168.1.56 - my development system - Win xp - Wireshark, Zoiper, TI's Code Composer Studio
>> 192.168.1.4 - My PBX - CentOS 5.5, Asterisk 1.6
>> 192.168.1.31 - my hardphone - TI DSP running my code on the bare metal
>>
>> Zoiper calls extension 21 which is mapped in the dial plan through to my hardphone.  Linux arps for my mac,  I reply with it.  * sends me a 'new',  I reply with an 'accept'.  There is no response to the 'accept'.  It just gets ignored and eventually * sends me another 'new'.  There's got to be something wrong with my 'accept' but I just can't see it.  Wireshark shows it as I expect.  No error messages,  nothing in the messages log,  it just gets dropped.
>>
>> Screen shot of the 'accept' in Wireshark:
>> http://b.shaw.home.comcast.net/accept.jpg
>>
>> Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?  Is the timestamp supposed to be my timestamp (ms offset from 'new') or the timestamp in the 'new'?
> The Inbound Seq. No. in your ACCEPT should be 1. By definition, the iseqno is the next sequence number you expect the other party to send. The NEW message starts with 0, the next one you want to see from your peer should be 1.
> Try it, and if it still does not work, please post a raw capture file (tcpdump/wireshark format)
>
> The timestamp is your timestamp, IIRC.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Mihai
> --

I've got the iseqno set to 1 now with the same result,  the 'accept'
just get ignored.  I've uploaded a new capture file to the same place...

http://b.shaw.home.comcast.net/accept.ecap

At packet # 10 * sends me a 'new'.  I reply at packet # 11 with an 'accept'.

In my 'accept' I set:

source call#  = a new call # I create
dest call# = the 'new' source call #
Call Identifier = 'new' call ID
Timestamp = my ms offset from the 'new' packet
oseqno = 0 (since this is a new session)
iseqno = 1
type = IAX (6)
subclass = ACCEPT (7)
ie = codec (g.711)

Seems like it should be pretty straight forward but I just can't get it.  Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks again,

Bill