[asterisk-dev] IAX hardphone

David Ruggles thedavidfactor at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 21:44:35 CST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Bill Shaw <b.shaw at comcast.net> wrote:

> <snip />
> Am I misinterpreting something,  or is the RFC giving conflicting
> information on sequence numbers?
>
> In section 7 - Message Transport,  near the top of page 39 it says:
>
> The message includes the outgoing message count and the highest numbered
>   incoming message that has been received.
>
> I would read this to mean the count of outgoing messages you're sending (or
about to send) so incoming is 0 + the one you're sending right now means it
should be 1 which agrees with the below section. Or if you were sending
several messages back to back they would start with incoming + 1, 2, 3....
etc for each outgoing message. If my interpretation is true, the
sentence quoted above could probably stand to be clearer. :-)