[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] lathama: branch 1.6.2 r305752 - /branches/1.6.2/channels/chan_sip.c

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Feb 3 11:18:45 CST 2011

3 feb 2011 kl. 18.14 skrev Andrew Latham:

> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Klaus Darilion
> <klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:
>>

>> Am 03.02.2011 12:17, schrieb Olle E. Johansson:
>>> I don't like the docs to be in one central position, in a not very
>>> open format, in one single language and under a license that is a bit
>>> too restrictive for our community.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> The license seems weird:
>>
>> Comments are property of their authors, all other content is licensed
>> under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United
>> States License.
>>
>> especially this makes me nervous:
>>
>>> Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
>>
>> Hey, my whole work with Asterisk (which involves providing documentation
>> too) is commercial
>>
>>> No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this
>> work.
>>
>> So, I am not allowed to extend the documentation?
>>

>> regards
>> klaus
>
> Klaus
>
> Its the same everywhere...
> http://www.voip-info.org/terms_of_service.html look at "LICENSE AND
> SITE ACCESS"

No. Voip-info is not the official documentation for Asterisk - an open source project. The wiki seems to have become one.
This is not the same. We need documentation with a proper and useful license. And we need to give Russell time - he asked for it politely.
Let's hope he comes to the right conclusion.

This time I agree with Russell, let's calm down and let him do his work.

My vote is still to move originals back to the source code... ;-)

/O