[asterisk-dev] How to Change The Caller Position in Queue

Tony Mountifield tony at mountifield.org
Thu Feb 3 08:55:21 CST 2011

In article <AANLkTinmwvOd9CCe5-+P+uFmxt2QZOTuiEr=u9oT-Q_M at mail.gmail.com>,
shayne.alone at gmail.com <shayne.alone at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Kevin;
> I know that, but I am looking for another solution.
> Want to Manage the Calls which are in Waiting State (inside the Queue).
> I don't know if it's possible or not! but want to find a way (for example
> via AMI) to reorder and/or do some changes on Queues.
> for example, pick a Caller From Queue-A(Waiting on position 3) and put it on
> Queue-B(Waiting on Position 5).

I think you need to do it by using the AMI Redirect command on the
caller's channel to put them back into the dialplan afresh. You could
have a context in the dialplan that parses a special extension
number for specifying the queue and priority. It can then set any
variables necessary and Goto an appropriate context and extension.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield