[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] wdoekes: trunk r347192 - in /trunk: CHANGES UPGRADE.txt apps/app_voicemail.c

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Wed Dec 7 07:04:14 CST 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 2:24 AM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> 6 dec 2011 kl. 21:23 skrev SVN commits to the Digium repositories:
>
>> +   The MAILBOX_EXISTS dialplan function has been deprecated in favour of
>> +   VM_INFO.
>
> Thanks for bringing back the possibility to deprecate old stuff. I did not notice this policy change, but I'm all behind it.
> Sometimes we need to clean up and make things more logical.

Deprecating things never went away.  It's a question of what
deprecation means.  We just stopped removing lots of deprecated
applications and functions due to the backlash we were getting due to
how messy upgrades were as a result.  You can still deprecate
something without removing it, which is what I'm in favor of in most
cases.

--
Russell Bryant