[asterisk-dev] rtp.h (Asterisk 1.6) vs rtp_engine.h (Asterisk 1.8)

Walter Doekes walter+asterisk-dev at osso.nl
Tue Dec 6 03:21:21 CST 2011

On 06/12/11 10:07, ISABEL ORDAS ARNAL wrote:
> I developed one module for Asterisk which made use of rtp.h and rtp.c. I
> upgraded from Asterisk 1.6.2 to Asterisk 1.8.7 and software does not
> compile any more. I have realized that there is no rtp.h in Asterisk
> 1.8.7. There is rtp_engine.h instead. Could anyone help me to identify
> what is different? I would like to solve the problem.

I don't know if that is documented somewhere, so I cannot help you directly.

But I can tell you what *I* would do:

(1) find a module that also uses RTP (it makes sense to choose the
smallest module or the one with the least differences)

(2) look at the differences in that module between 1.6.2 and 1.8.7

(3) profit

Regards,
Walter Doekes
OSSO B.V.