[asterisk-dev] License for documentation

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Aug 30 11:05:37 CDT 2011

Friends,

I find it embarrassing to note that we still haven't got an answer on the licensing issue for the documentation that was moved to the wiki and re-licensed. At least two Linux distributions have choosen to remove the documentation from our package, which I find upsetting.

I contributed to the documentation in order for it to be available for everyone that got the source code. I don't want to see it removed from distributions based on our source. It's the first time I don't like what Digium has done with code and docs I've contributed as far as re-licensing goes, so I don't feel happy about having to repeat myself over and over on the mailing list.

Can we please resolve this urgently and make sure that every Asterisk administrator gets the documentation.

Thank you.

/O