[asterisk-dev] 1.6 vs. 1.8

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Sun Aug 28 06:15:41 CDT 2011

On 28/08/11 18:09, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Nick,
>
> Well, this time you have someone who bothered backporting some fixes.
> But are you sure you want to rely on that?

It is the intention of Integrics to pay third party developers to back
port security and other critical fixes from Asterisk 1.8 to 1.6.1 for as
long as any Enswitch customer runs 1.6.1. Many of our customers are very
conservative about upgrading (a large minority still run 1.4), so I
would expect this to be for at least two years, maybe more. We're very
happy to release these back ports to the community for free. This is not
a hard guarantee, but is a statement of intent.

The two existing security patches are available for download from:

http://download.integrics.com/asterisk/1.6.1.25-1.diff
http://download.integrics.com/asterisk/1.6.1.25-2.diff

if anyone needs them in future.

Alistair Cunningham