[asterisk-dev] Reviewboard reminder - manager event for local "bridge"

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Aug 23 10:24:13 CDT 2011

https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/1154/

Getting reviews takes too much time and usually it doesn't matter if I send reminders here or in #asterisk-dev. People are just too busy I guess. And in many cases the response I get in replacement of a "ship it" are just issues far outside the code - like rewriting a lot of existing code or investigating a large code block outside the actual patch. I can't handle that and no one else jumps in, which means that the code fades away into a dark hole somewhere in my svn directory.

In my case, reviews hang long time after I've stopped working with a customer, which means that the window of oppurtunity to continue to work on the code is long gone, which also means that the code won't progress into the source code base, regardless of quality.

Is there any solution where good code doesn't have to die in reviewboard? The process is good in many cases, but if there are no resources to interact with, it just fails miserably and is a big road block for getting code in.

In some cases, I would even suggest to commit the code and then fix it when we get a review or someone finds an issue. I don't know, but the current procedure just doesn't work the way I work. I don't want to be a pest on the mailing list and the IRC just to get the right to commit even small fixes.

/O

PS. Please prove that I'm totally wrong by checking open reviewboard issues :-)