[asterisk-dev] Suspected deadlocks in Asterisk 1.8 under heavy load

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Tue Aug 16 21:27:47 CDT 2011

On 17/08/11 12:23, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Matt Nicholson committed a change to the 1.8, 10 and trunk branches
> today to solve a significant performance issue caused by the change to
> chan_sip to return the SIP hangup cause to the 'master' channel. His
> change made that behavior optional, even though it was already released
> in 1.8, because of the performance impact it has. We had another
> customer report a similar set of symptoms.
>
> If possible, it would be most helpful if you could try that patch on one
> of your affected systems before you downgrade it. I can understand if
> your customer is not willing to let you try that, though :-)

Kevin,

Thank you for this. When you say "optional", are any configuration
settings needed to disable it?

I've already promised the affected customer that I would downgrade them
to 1.6.1 tonight. If any others report this (we have two other customers
running 1.8), I'll offer them the choice of trying this or downgrading.

Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111
+44 20 799 39 799
http://integrics.com/