[asterisk-dev] Call for testers for call parking feature

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Mon Aug 15 15:25:05 CDT 2011

On 12/08/11 02:25 PM, Richard Mudgett wrote:
> There are currently a bunch of issues reported against call parking.  These issues
> are listed with a brief description in the patch I have up on reviewboard[1] to
> resolve them and other parking issues I found.  A team branch[2] from the v1.8 branch
> is also available to checkout until the patch is merged into the v1.8 and newer
> branches.
>
> The Asterisk Development Team would like some testers to check out the patch and to
> report on this thread your findings.  We would like to compile some real world test
> scenarios for a wiki page to prevent call parking from getting this badly broken in
> the future.
>
> Thank you
>
> Richard
>
> [1] https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/1358/
>
> [2] http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/team/rmudgett/parking

Bumping this thread because it is very important that the community
provide some feedback to these changes prior to it entering a release.

By providing real-world tests we can all make sure that these changes
result in the least (ideally zero) amount of negative impact to systems
after they are rolled out.

While testing can be done by developers, only the real world scenarios
that administrators implement into production systems are going to be
the most sure fire way that regressions are not introduced.

The changes to parking are very important to many people as they resolve
many open issues in the Asterisk issue tracker, but making sure that
things aren't broken that are currently working for people is just as
important.

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk