[asterisk-dev] Fwd: Asterisk Sip Registration Hooks

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Aug 11 07:37:38 CDT 2011

On 08/10/2011 08:51 PM, Mike Myhre wrote:
>     Like I said before, we're not going to add it to any version except
>     Asterisk 10, and in Asterisk 10 it would need to be generated as a
>     security event, not a verbose log message. If you want to provide a
>     patch for that, you'll need to use https://issues.asterisk.org/jira.
>     I also wouldn't classify it as a 'registry error'; there's nothing
>     wrong with the 'registry'. It's a 'registration failure'. -- Kevin
>     P. Fleming
>
> I don't see anyone using the security events yet. Why would this require
> something that no one else is using (except for Michaels post below).
> Could I just be missing it in scanning the code?

Missing what? There's already a security event logger module that emits
security events to a text log file.

The reason nobody is 'using security events yet' is because the only
ones that exist at this point are for manager interface authentication,
something that doesn't usually get exposed to the public and doesn't
cause the sorts of problems you are trying to address here. They can't
be used until someone changes the relevant modules to start generating
them, which is what I'm trying to encourage you to do. Once they exist,
people will start using them, and users will want more modules to
generate them (and in more places), and the ball will be rolling, so to
speak.

--
Kevin P. Fleming