[asterisk-dev] Keeping the 1.4 branch open

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Apr 27 14:39:05 CDT 2011

27 apr 2011 kl. 21.23 skrev Kevin P. Fleming:

> I too hope that there is a group of people out there who will take on the task of maintaining the 1.4 branch; in many cases, that will involve looking at issues fixed in the 1.8 branch and determining whether the same issue exists in 1.4 (and if so, backporting the patch), as Russell did long ago for the 1.0 branch after 1.2 was released. It's not a small task by any means, but it's not as if the 1.4 maintenance team would be required to analyze and resolve every problem on their own.

Russell did not do it alone. He made decisions, all of us produced fixes.

But yes, it's not a small task.

We had the same discussion when 1.4 was released and people stayed with 1.2... I know this is not a fun situation. But hinting that I'm lying, not understand the seriousness of this or taking this too easy is not a good discussion climate either. Let's please focus on the main topic.

Do we have any maintainers that volounteer to manage the 1.4 branch - making decisions about which patches to incorporate?
Leif has offered to assist with release management, which I'm really grateful for!

/O