[asterisk-dev] [OT, Job] Senior Software Engineer for exciting, high-growth startup

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Mon Apr 18 19:13:20 CDT 2011

On Monday 18 April 2011 18:57:33 Kirill Katsnelson wrote:
> On 110418 1520, Leif Madsen wrote:
> >>
> >> I was posting that to the users list. I am so sorry!
> >
> > I don't think the -users list was the appropriate venue either ;)
>
> I asked there couple days in advance if it was inappropriate, and nobody
> objected. I could not find any formal guidelines either. It's hard to
> say whether that is a "business" question, but seems rather not to me.
> So this is why I went for it without scruples. Was there anything that I
> missed? Rather an academic point here, as I am not going to run regular
> job ads, of course.

I don't see a specific problem with it.  You are the exception, of course,
as you are posting on plenty of things that are related to Asterisk, and
the job you posted likely has a lot to do with Asterisk.  I'd say the -dev
list is probably the best place for such a posting, given that development-
minded people are likely to be on this list.  The -biz list is really more
well-suited to consultants, which, if you're a consultant, you probably
aren't looking to return to employment under another company.

--
Tilghman