[asterisk-dev] Manager event for early media

Nicolas Gudino nicolas at house.com.ar
Fri Apr 15 07:00:06 CDT 2011

Hi,

On Apr 15, 2011, at 6:46 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> I need to add a manager event for early media. Early media/session progress is not a state in ast_channel_state (channel.h). It feels like the manager event should be using the "Newstate" event - from a 3rd party applications point of view it's a state of the call.
>
> Now - would using Newstate and faking a new state hurt something? Should I invent a new manager event for this? Should we add a state to ast_channel_state ?

I think that this fits into the Newstate event (I am against inventing a new manager event). About adding a new state to ast_channel_state, I am not qualified to suggest anything but it sounds logical to add it. Advertize a state via AMI and not having a different way to get that state by other means (ast cli, custom module, etc) is not good at all.

Best regards,

--
Nicolás Gudiño