[asterisk-dev] Manager event for early media

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Apr 15 04:46:34 CDT 2011

Friends,

I need to add a manager event for early media. Early media/session progress is not a state in ast_channel_state (channel.h). It feels like the manager event should be using the "Newstate" event - from a 3rd party applications point of view it's a state of the call.

Now - would using Newstate and faking a new state hurt something? Should I invent a new manager event for this? Should we add a state to ast_channel_state ?

/O