[asterisk-dev] update_call_counter (chan_sip in 1.4) set device into state Ringing, but is not in state Ringing

Kristijan Vrban vrban.lkml at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 11 05:35:33 CDT 2011

Using the call-limit feature in 1.4 (function update_call_counter in
chan_sip.c) set the called device into state "Ringing"
although the device is _not_ in state Ringing. A device is should be
in state Ringing, when the SIP-device returned
a "180 Ringing"

It attracted attention, because the hint/subscriptions return a
NOTIFY, that the device i in state Ringing,
without the fact, the device has returned a "180 Ringing". So
update_call_counter i donig a assumption, that
the device _might_ be i state Ringing. I dont want to have a assumption.

So i did a small hack, and removed the call to
ast_device_state_changed at the end of update_call_counter.
But this is just a workaround, and my opinion is, the
update_call_counter has a broken logic here.

Any opinions on the subject?

Kristijan