[asterisk-dev] New Feature Idea

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Sep 27 15:26:07 CDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 20:41 +0200, Nir Simionovich wrote:
> I may have come off base here and missed the point a bit. I'm not
> claiming there is a bug or a behaviour
> that is not planned. My only claim is that in a production environment,
> having the possibility of disabling
> the CDR generation on a diaplan basis is good, however, at the same time
> the manager should at least
> report that CDR. It doesn't get written to the file or MySQL, but an
> external process that monitors the system
> can get view of that.

but if someone gains the ability to modify the configuration files, then
they can turn off the manager interface, too.  Or, if they were trying
to be more sneaky about it, they could _only_ disable CDR events for
manager accounts.  As has been implied, the problem here is really much
more serious than CDRs, and is not something Asterisk can solve.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software