[asterisk-dev] New Feature Idea

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 13:41:49 CDT 2010

  On 9/27/2010 7:37 PM, Paul Belanger wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Leif Madsen
> <leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org>  wrote:
>> This does not sound like an Asterisk issue to me. It sounds like a clever way of
>> using the dialplan by someone who gained access through an external system that
>> happens to have access to Asterisk.
>>
> I would agree, the whole purpose of NoCDR() is to tell Asterisk to not
> maintain a CDR for the current call. A solution would be not to load
> the module.

Guys,

I may have come off base here and missed the point a bit. I'm not
claiming there is a bug or a behaviour
that is not planned. My only claim is that in a production environment,
having the possibility of disabling
the CDR generation on a diaplan basis is good, however, at the same time
the manager should at least
report that CDR. It doesn't get written to the file or MySQL, but an
external process that monitors the system
can get view of that.

Nir