[asterisk-dev] 16khz/8khz Translation path

David Vossel dvossel at digium.com
Mon Sep 27 10:33:13 CDT 2010

----- Original Message -----

Looking back on this, I do not see how it is possible for the translation path to go through g722 when libresample is installed.  I have made some changes in this area recently that should guarantee slin->slin16 and slin16-slin translations unless the translation costs are unreasonably inaccurate.  The costs would have to be wildly inaccurate for this to occur, and this was not the case when I just tested it.

Since you are seeing this, we should verify a few things.  First, are you using a 1.8 revision greater than 282047.  I made changes during that revision that directly relate to what we are seeing here.  If you are using a revision with the new codec translation changes in it, please create a mantis issue so we can track this.  In the issue, please include your 'core show translation' output.

Thanks,

David Vossel
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer, Open Source Software
The_Boy_Wonder in #asterisk-dev