[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.8 and T.38 gatewaying

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Sep 22 17:25:11 CDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 17:16 -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> The API changes that we have identified as 'required to support T.38
> gateway implementation' (based on our planned design) are now merged and
> part of the 1.8 branch. Anyone who is interested in transforming the
> current gateway patches that live on the issue tracker into the new
> design, please get in touch with Russell Bryant, as he's going to try to
> coordinate efforts in this area. I suspect it won't actually be a great
> deal of work to build it as we've designed. If that is the case, there
> is a small chance it could be added in a future 1.8.x release (since it
> will only affect res_fax and res_fax_spandsp), but if not, it would be
> very easy to distribute as a patch set for 1.8.

With these API additions in place, it should be possible for the "1.8
patch set" to actually just be a self contained add on module, so even
if it doesn't go into the 1.8 branch, it should be trivial to add it on
to your install.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software