[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.8 and T.38 gatewaying

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Sep 22 17:16:37 CDT 2010

On 08/05/2010 07:45 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> On 05.08.2010 13:53, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>> On 08/05/2010 02:58 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>>
>>> Just coming back from vacation I was happly surprised to see betas of
>>> 1.8. I wonder what is the status of T38 gatewaying with 1.8 - was it
>>> implemented (according to Kevin's suggestions)?
>>
>> No... I haven't finished documenting the proposed API yet, and the first
>> version I put into a branch was poorly designed. Hopefully I'll be able
>> to finish that up in the next couple of weeks now that my T.38-related
>> work with the ITU-T is done.
>
> so, not in 1.8?

The API changes that we have identified as 'required to support T.38
gateway implementation' (based on our planned design) are now merged and
part of the 1.8 branch. Anyone who is interested in transforming the
current gateway patches that live on the issue tracker into the new
design, please get in touch with Russell Bryant, as he's going to try to
coordinate efforts in this area. I suspect it won't actually be a great
deal of work to build it as we've designed. If that is the case, there
is a small chance it could be added in a future 1.8.x release (since it
will only affect res_fax and res_fax_spandsp), but if not, it would be
very easy to distribute as a patch set for 1.8.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com