[asterisk-dev] [patch] Allow user more control over parked calls that expire from a one touch park

Mitch Sharp MSharp at BIGNetworks.com
Tue Sep 14 12:12:19 CDT 2010

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=17947

I created and posted the above patch to issues a little while ago.  I
had originally created the patch against 1.6.2.11, re-wrote it for trunk
and posted it.  I did not realize that it was similar in nature to some
existing behavior, namely comebacktoorigin.  Russell pointed this out.
(Thanks!)

Here is my response, which I posted to issues and it should have been
posted here:

[quote]

It looks like I completely missed that. I developed this code to fill a
need in the 1.6.2 code base for a customer and then submitted the patch
against trunk. It looks like I developed very similar functionality. It
was fun though! :-)

The only thing that I can see that comebacktocustom does different is
this. comebacktoorigin sends all calls to the same context,
parkedcallstimeout. comebacktocustom sends calls to the parking lot
context at s,1. I live in a multitenant world, so some tenants will want
to handle timed out calls differently (some want a particular callerid,
some a particular ring tone, some both).

I could emulate that behavior by setting a channel variable that tells
me where to jump out of parkedcallstimeout to handle things differently
per customer.

I also added two channel variables when the call times out, PARKER and
PARKINGSLOT. PARKER is the device that originally parked the call so the
dialplan can know who to call back. Technically, that was not previously
available to the dialplan unless you took the flat extension and tried
to tweak it back to a channel name. PARKINGSLOT was previously only set
if comebacktoorigin was set to no.

So it looks like comebacktocustom just allows the user using multiple
parking lots more flexibility in that the timeout context can be custom
per parking lot, plus a few other options.

Thoughts?

[/quote]

I have just recently noticed and wrapped my head around the
peername_flat concept and realized how I could reconstruct the channel
that parked me: I have to create extensions for _SIP0., _IAX2., and any
other technology that is used, in the parkedcallstimeout.

Thankfully the documentation in 1.8 and trunk is much clearer on this
feature, and it looks like in 1.8 and trunk the replacement of the "/"
to a "0" is being changed to an "_" character.

I guess my question is is this patch something that has any merit, or
should I scrap the thing and write a new one that adds the following:
- Keep the comebackdialtime for the default comeback procedure
- Set channel variable PARKER to the channel that parked me, that way
all the "lazy" people out there don't have to rebuild it based on the
extension.
- Add another per-parking lot option that allows the user to specify the
context that an unparked call is going to go to
- Add another per-parking lot option that allows the user to return to
the s,1 extension,priority instead of building peername_flat extensions.

Is this making it easier for people to wrap their heads around handling
timeout out parked calls, or am I just creating un-needed options?

Thanks!

Mitch Sharp
BIG Networks
5647 Galeria Drive, Suite D