[asterisk-dev] Patch process

Emmanuel Frécon emmanuel.frecon at myjoice.com
Thu Oct 28 16:34:03 CDT 2010

Dear folks,

I am new to Asterisk development, so pardon me if this question has been
asked and answered in the past. I couldn't see any reference to this on
the Web page, so I thought that I would ask.

What is the patch acceptance process in Asterisk? I have made some tiny
modifications to app_voicemail and to the core to achieve the following
and would just be happy to see this accepted. These are:

* Possibility to automatically listen to all voicemails in a row,
without any DTMF involved. I implemented this for a SIP phone that is
not able to send DTMF.

* Ability to echo back what is being recorded during a voicemail
recording.  This is to get around a bug in some phones that will take
the decision that no media (RTP) sent from the remote party means a call
that does not behave properly and should be ended.

Are these of interest to anybody? How do I do? (Have done these on the
last officially stable release, i.e. 1.6.2.13).

Regards,

--
Dr. Emmanuel Frécon
CTO