[asterisk-dev] resending cause codes

marek cervenka cervajs at fpf.slu.cz
Tue Nov 30 03:21:27 CST 2010

hello,

i know that my question is partially "user question" but i think i
want something which isn't possible now. please give me a direction how to
implement

i'm testing sending ISDN cause codes to customer pbx (below example
scenario for unallocated number)

topology:
PSTN-E1-AsteriskA-sip-AsteriskB-sip-SOMEPBX

call from SOMEPBX to PSTN (to unallocated number)

AsteriskA sends to AsteriskB
Status-Line: SIP/2.0 503 Service Unavailable

${HANGUPCAUSE} on AsteriskB is 34 (asterisk translation of sip/503)

how can i resend X-Asterisk-HangupCauseCode from AsteriskB to SOMEPBX?

i'm tried this on AsteriskB
exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/AsteriskA,${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,n,Hangup(${SIP_HEADER(X-Asterisk-HangupCauseCode)})
but no success

why i cannot read X-Asterisk-HangupCauseCode?
${SIP_HEADER(X-Asterisk-HangupCauseCode)} is empty

thanks