[asterisk-dev] Libpri - Wrong hangup cause ( should read from B-channel but reads from D-channel ) ?

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Wed Nov 24 17:57:07 CST 2010

> Based on q.931, I understand that in certain cases, the call state
> change and the related message might be propogated by a
> PROGRESS/DISCONNECT message with progress indicator no. 8,
> "inband information may now be available".
>

> In my case, I can see this message being echoed with DISCONNECT and
> PROGRESS messages, however, libpri seems to be reading the D-channel
> for the hangup cause only, and finds a 0 there, and hence returns
> Unknown.

Is libpri sending or receiving the progress indicator?
Is libpri decoding/encoding the progress indicator wrong?
Is the libpri debug output wrong?

> Am I wrong in thinking that it should connect to the B-channel and
> read the hangup cause in this case ?

Are you thinking that libpri needs to listen to the B-channel and decode an audio message?
The "inband information may now be available" code indicates that the B-channel may contain an audio recording describing what happened that you can listen to.

Richard