[asterisk-dev] Libpri - Wrong hangup cause ( should read from B-channel but reads from D-channel ) ?

Abhinav Jha virolord at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 16:31:01 CST 2010

Hi,

Based on q.931, I understand that in certain cases, the call state change
and the related message might be propogated by a PROGRESS/DISCONNECT message
with progress indicator no. 8,
"inband information may now be available".

In my case, I can see this message being echoed with DISCONNECT and PROGRESS
messages, however, libpri seems to be reading the D-channel for the hangup
cause only, and finds a 0 there, and hence returns Unknown.

Am I wrong in thinking that it should connect to the B-channel and read the
hangup cause in this case ?

Thanks,
Abhinav