[asterisk-dev] Asterisk build plans (bamboo)

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Mon Nov 22 15:16:52 CST 2010

On Monday 22 November 2010 13:35:23 Paul Belanger wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Since upgrading to Bamboo 2.7, we now have access to some new features
> [1], I've been tasked to review our current projects and plans.
>
> Last Friday I had a chance to sit down with Russell and go over some of
> my findings.  After some discussion we created a list to focus our
> testing on:
>
> *Variables that lead to failures*
> 1. Asterisk Version
> 2. Distribution ( Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, Mac OS X)
> 3. Distribution Version (Ubuntu 10.10, 10.04, 9.10 etc...)
> 4. Architecture (i386, amd64, PPC)

There are also issues like version of gcc.  This might not normally be
a problem, except that Red Hat 5 ships with gcc 4.1, which triggers a
particular bug in that version.  There is a workaround in the optional_api
code to deal with that particular bug.  You may wish to add Centos to
your distribution to verify that the workaround does not get broken.

--
Tilghman Lesher