[asterisk-dev] Asterisk build plans (bamboo)

Paul Belanger pabelanger at digium.com
Mon Nov 22 13:35:23 CST 2010

Greetings,

Since upgrading to Bamboo 2.7, we now have access to some new features
[1], I've been tasked to review our current projects and plans.

Last Friday I had a chance to sit down with Russell and go over some of
my findings.  After some discussion we created a list to focus our
testing on:

*Variables that lead to failures*
1. Asterisk Version
2. Distribution ( Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, Mac OS X)
3. Distribution Version (Ubuntu 10.10, 10.04, 9.10 etc...)
4. Architecture (i386, amd64, PPC)

We then looked to Bamboo to see what we could do.  As a results, the
follow break down was created:

Project: Asterisk - Trunk
     Plan: Debian Lenny (5.0)
         Stage: Default
             Job: amd64
     Plan: Ubuntu Lucid (10.04)
         Stage: Default
             Job: amd64
             Job: i386
             Job: ppc
     Plan: CentOS 5.5
Project: Asterisk - 1.8
Project: Asterisk - 1.6.2
Project: Asterisk - 1.4

Basically, each branch of Asterisk is now its own project on Bamboo. In
each project we have plans to test distribution versions, and each plan
has jobs to test (in parallel) architectures.  We would have liked to
keep everything within one project, however there are some technical
limitations within Bamboo that prevented this.

I've already created 'Project: Asterisk - Trunk' [2] if you would like
to see how it will look. So, take a moment to review them and post any
comments, questions, feedback, etc you have.

[1] http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Bamboo+2.7+Release+Notes
[2] http://bamboo.asterisk.org/browse/ASTTRUNK

--
Paul Belanger