[asterisk-dev] Unknown block - not fact or data

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Nov 12 09:57:38 CST 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 15:29 +0100, Jakob Hirsch wrote:
> is there a good reason that Asterisk bails on unknown chunks in wav
> files instead of simply skipping them (like it does with "fact" chunks)?
> We allow our users to upload their wav files for their voicemail
> announcements and they happen to contain chunks like "LIST", which
> contain nothing useful for asterisk, but do not harm either.
>
> I know I could e.g. pipe the wav files through sox to sanitize them, but
> I think Asterisk should also be able to play them. So I patched our
> Asterisk 1.6.2.13 to skip unknown chunks (see attached patch). Comments
> (or inclusion into Asterisk mainline) welcome!

This sounds like a good addition.  However, we can only accept patches
that are uploaded through https://issues.asterisk.org/ so that they are
covered by a contributor license agreement.  Go ahead and post it there
and we can review it for inclusion.

Thanks!

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software