[asterisk-dev] Unknown block - not fact or data

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Fri Nov 12 08:29:12 CST 2010

Hi,

is there a good reason that Asterisk bails on unknown chunks in wav
files instead of simply skipping them (like it does with "fact" chunks)?
We allow our users to upload their wav files for their voicemail
announcements and they happen to contain chunks like "LIST", which
contain nothing useful for asterisk, but do not harm either.

I know I could e.g. pipe the wav files through sox to sanitize them, but
I think Asterisk should also be able to play them. So I patched our
Asterisk 1.6.2.13 to skip unknown chunks (see attached patch). Comments
(or inclusion into Asterisk mainline) welcome!

Regards,
Jakob