[asterisk-dev] doc/ -> wiki.asterisk.org

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 11:52:09 CDT 2010

> My thinking was that we could mark documentation with the version that it applies to.  "This feature was first introduced in Asterisk 1.8", for example.  I guess the biggest benefit of this route is keeping all of the comments.  I expect that once everyone is able to leave comments on the documentation, they will really start to add value.  If documentation is duplicated for each version, the comments will be fragmented.
>
> It's something we can change at any time, though.  It seems like a good idea right now, but it's one of those things that I may severely regret in 5 years.  Does anyone else have an opinion on this matter?

I agree 100% with the above.  While annoying, listing the introduction
of a feature can help shape the progression of Asterisk as a project.
Some people like to see the progress to shape up their mental image of
stability.

> I know we can export into PDF, but I'm not sure about plain text.  I'll have to look into it some more.  Besides, you always have text-mode web browsers, right?  :-)

The Printing stylesheet should offer a text only representation of the
the content for offlining.  Russell / Kevin can you take a moment and
check the printing css.  It looks ok but some items are missing you
may want (bottom of the page is layered under the footer).

> Russell Bryant

Gringo Malvado...