[asterisk-dev] rhino dahdi drivers and DAHDI_VER

James Finstrom jfinstrom at rhinoequipment.com
Mon Nov 1 11:02:04 CDT 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 6:00 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 07:26:20AM -0500, Shaun Ruffell wrote:
> > On 11/01/2010 07:10 AM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> > > The way it is used in the drivers of Rhino is something such as:
> > >
> > >   #if DAHDI_VER >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,4,0)
> >
> > Not that it really concerns me, but this doesn't make any sense to me.
> > I didn't know the preprocessor does comparisons between strings
> > ("SVN-branch-2.3-r9455") and integers ("#define KERNEL_VERSION(a,b,c)
> > (((a) << 16) + ((b) << 8) + (c))").
> >
> > Something sounds broken there.  My guess is that the Makefile is just
> > overwriting include/dahdi/version.h unless there is also another patch
> > for the Makefile or build_tools/make_version_h.
>
> This also breaks with 2.2.1.1 and 2.3.0.1 .
>
> --
>               Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com<jabber%3Atzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> http://www.xorcom.com  iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir
>
> --

All,

I have passed this over to our devs with tzafrir's off list suggestions. For
reference version.h is *NOT* needed to build you can simply pass
DAHDI_VER=x.x.x in the make line.  I will admit this is not ideal and we
will be pushing to get in to the tree which makes this all moot. Also the
adjustments made through this logic are not really specific down to the
minors so we dont need to match anything outside of x.x to adjust properly.
We are always open to suggestions and critique. Note we are on Arizona tome
(GMT -7) so it may be a few hours to see things posted by east coasters.  If
you want to poke a developer directly you can always email me or send a
ticket to helpdesk [at] rhinoequipment.com. The ticket system will get
everyones attention :)

--
James Finstrom
Rhino Equipment Corp.