[asterisk-dev] makeCall without Physical Phones

Jeff Siptar jeff.siptar at gmail.com
Thu May 6 03:58:28 CDT 2010

Hi,

first of all, please excuse me if my question is not posted in the right
format. I have read the guidelines and I hope I am following everything up
to a letter.

I have a question about placing a call with Asterisks using AMI and then
transferring this call to an extension. Something like an auto-dialer.
In this case, the call must be originated from an internal DN that does not
have any physical phone connected to it.

I tried this:

Action: Originate
Channel: SIP/3000/1800FLOWERS
Context: default
Exten: 3000
Callerid: My_Test
Timeout: 5000
ActionID: 010009

But, unless I actually have SIP phone registered as 3000, I get an
exception.

Is there a way around this? For example register a DN in extensions.conf
that only exists in Asterisks, yet I would be able to place a call from it
using AMI?

Thank you,

Jeff

**