[asterisk-dev] CDR Issues/Bugs

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Sun Mar 28 13:37:25 CDT 2010

Asterisk Version 1.6.1.14

I have been doing some more testing on CDR's and have a more refined handle
on the issues that I am having

I am having three issues that I have been able to isolate.

Issue 1: ForkCDR/ custom values

When using ForkCDR(v) the cdr forks fine. Then I update the values on the
new CDR such as userfiled and accountcode. That works fine. Then I try to
update some custom values cdr_calltype and srcout. The issue here is when I
I update the custom field it updates the original cdr not the forked cdr.
This is basically corrupts my  call data in the custom cdr values breaking
my billing systems. Issue 2: Dial(LOCAL/xxx at context) billsec not correct

I wanted to try and not use ForkCDR due primarily to issue 1 above as well
as the extra garbage cdr's it adds.  So I thought I could do it using
Dial(LOCAL/xxxx at Context).  I got things working on the dial but then an
issue came in again with the CDR. The problem is that the Duration and Bill
Seconds is the same on both CDR's This is not right based on what I can
tell from the doc's.  If a user enters into an IVR and they are in there 15
seconds before the call is dialed through to the LOCAL channel the local
channel should have a start time at least 15 seconds later and a duration
15 seconds shorter then the original call. Issue 3: billsec resets
incorrectly

If a user calls into one of our IVR's and goes through some options and
then dials an extension the CDR billsec resets it's self upon answer of the
extension. Based on what I am seeing the billingsec is reset every time
another Dial attempt has it's disposition set to ANSWERED. This should not
be occurring I have lost thousands of billing seconds to this issue and can
not find a way to fix it from the dial plan. I am picking around in code
and have had no luck.
Please help with any advise on how to fix these issues ASAP.

Thanks
Bryant