[asterisk-dev] bug 0016466: cidname and cidnum in output of "sip show peers"

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Mar 18 15:35:52 CDT 2010

On 03/18/2010 03:31 PM, Ron Arts wrote:
> For this reason I propose to add CallerID info to all instances of:
>
> -- SIP/netland44-00000402 is ringing
> -- IAX2/iax-out-3-10507 answered DAHDI/5-1
>
> and similar log messages.

Improving these very short messages to also include CallerID information
seems reasonable to me.  However, that's not what the patch on the bug
is proposing.  That patch adds more info to the "sip show peers" CLI
command.

I don't particularly mind that much.  I hesitate because we obviously
can not add _all_ peer information to that command or it will become
completely unreadable on just about everyone's terminal.  So, we need to
be really strict about deciding what can be added there.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software