[asterisk-dev] bug 0016466: cidname and cidnum in output of "sip show peers"

Ron Arts ron.arts at netland.nl
Thu Mar 18 15:31:58 CDT 2010

In bug 0016466, JTodd suggests discussing things on -dev. Great!

In that bug a patch is uploaded that adds Callerid info to 'sip show peers'.
But in general I want to make reading the asterisk log a bit friendlier
for the support people, trying to figure out what that customer is complaining
about queue calls not being delivered to the proper agents.

A customer talks in terms of people, when reporting a problem, they will state
the names of the agents involved. But the asterisk logs talk in terms of
SIP peers, with mostly cryptic names. so when I am looking at a large logfile
for a big callcenter, when explaining the call flow of a particular inbound call
I copy the logfile part, lookup the callerid of all sip peers, and try to do
a search/replace of the peername with the Actual CallerID. Thus I can communicate
with the customer using his own terminology.

For this reason I propose to add CallerID info to all instances of:

-- SIP/netland44-00000402 is ringing
-- IAX2/iax-out-3-10507 answered DAHDI/5-1

and similar log messages.

So what do other people think.

Ron

--
Netland Internet Services BV
bedrijfsmatige internetoplossingen

http://www.netland.nl  Science Park 140           1098 XG Amsterdam
info: 020-5628282      servicedesk: 020-5628282   fax: 020-5628281
KvK Amsterdam 33253286

Op dit bericht is de volgende disclaimer van toepassing:
http://www.netland.nl/maildisclaimer